- CAC Grants
- SPARK Grants
IMPORTANT UPDATE AS OF 3/15/23: Currently, the only grants CAC is providing are those tied to our two residency programs, BOLT and HATCH. To learn more about both, click here.
Information on this page is left for reference:
SPARK Grants are an annual, unrestricted award opportunity for Chicago-based visual artists who identify as ALAANA (Asian, Latinx, Arab, African diaspora, Native American), an artist with a demonstrated need, an artist with a disability, or as a self-taught or informally trained artist who is striving to make their art practice a primary vocation.
The SPARK Grant program will offer ten unrestricted awards of $2,500 each to recognize exceptional artists working in Chicago and to support the advancement of their artistic careers. This grant is generously funded by the Joyce Foundation.
This application is open to:
- Visual artists that identify as (one or more of the following):
- ALAANA (Asian, Latinx, African diaspora, Arab, Native American)
- An artist with acute need (individual income less than $44,450/year, family income less than $63,200/year) facing urgent hardship
- An artist with a disability
- A self taught or informally trained artist: an artist who was not formally trained at an art school or degree-granting setting yet is committed to making their art practice a primary vocation
- Ideal candidates show significant promise and dedication towards the advancement of their career as a practicing artist.
Applicants must be:
- A resident of the City of Chicago
- At least 21 years old
- NOT enrolled in a degree-granting program after June 2022
- January 12, 2022 – March 11, 2022: Application cycle open
- June 10, 2022: Public announcement of SPARK Grant awardees
Submissions will be evaluated by a jury panel of three artists and/or arts professionals.
- Nicole Marroquin
- Reveca Torres
- January 12: Application Opens
- January 26: Virtual Information Session #1 - Via Zoom
- February 9: Virtual Information Session #2 - 6:00-7:30 PM (CT) Via Zoom, to register email cac[@]chicagoartistscoalition[.org]
- February 23: Individual Application Help-Sessions, to make an appointment email cac[@]chicagoartistscoalition[.org]
- March 11: Application Closes
- April 27-May 6: Jury Deliberations
- Week of June 10: Awardees Notified
SPARK Grant Application is closed.
We accept grant applications for visual artists based in Chicago. Below are the types of artist grant applications available with timing for application submission.
Never miss a thing
Subscribe to our newsletter and get regular updates on news, events, grants, and the latest opportunities for artists
Support Chicago Artists
Make a gift to CAC today and join our growing community of supporters