The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Youth, grades 6-12, and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Woodworking Instructor to join our Team starting in January 2022.
The ideal candidate:
- has teaching proficiency in general woodworking processes including cutting, milling, joining, and finishing of wood objects
- has teaching proficiency in the fundamental use of a wood lathe
- has experience constructing with both hardwoods and sheet goods
- feels confident with safety measures associated with woodworking
- has interest and experience in guiding Youth and Adults with functional, decorative, and sculptural wooden objects
- has the flexibility to teach select weekday daytime, weekday evenings, and weekends
- is a great communicator
- is responsible and professional
- has CNC router for woodworking experience
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent Woodworking work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.