The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Casting & Molding, Metalworking & Forging, Technology & Design, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Teens and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Woodworking Instructor to join our Team starting this Summer. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- has teaching proficiency with cutting, joining, assembly, and finishing processes for hardwood construction in a shop setting
- has teaching proficiency with cutting, joining, assembly, and finishing processes for sheet goods construction in a shop setting
- has teaching proficiency in design of object
- feels confident with safety measures associated with woodworking shop tools, hand tools, and finishing processes
- has interest and experience in guiding people with functional, decorative, and sculptural wood objects
- has the flexibility to teach select weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekends
- is a great communicator
- is responsible and professional
- CNC routing for woodworking experience a plus
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent woodworking work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.