Visual Arts Teaching Artist
Olive Tree Arts Network is hiring visual arts teaching artists for our 2019-2020 season!
Olive Tree Arts Network is a youth arts organization that uses creative expression to promote cooperation, understanding and peace in our multi-faith society. We bring together Christian, Jewish and Muslim students and create a welcoming and safe environment for them to get to know each other and form friendships.
We are an in-school program and visit faith-based schools throughout Chicagoland. During our sessions, we create visual art, write poetry, perform plays, make music, visit each faith’s holy space, share our unique traditions and help kids find the common values among the Abrahamic religions. There are about 20 sessions per school year and sessions are on weekday mornings.
Olive Tree Arts Network offers competitive compensation, a creative work environment, opportunities to impact and develop programming, professional development and flexibility.
Olive Tree Arts Network teaching artists:
- Have at least one year experience as a teaching artist or educator of a group of 20 or more students
- Exhibit strong classroom management and communication skills
- Have solid public speaking skills
- Are excited to share and teach their creative talents
- Are consistently available weekday mornings
- Use email daily
- Are reliable and punctual
- Are playful, spontaneous and comfortable acting in simple teaching plays
- Are comfortable collaborating with another teacher as well as working alone
- Are passionate about interfaith work and creating a peaceful community
- Come from diverse backgrounds
Notes: 3 openings. Access to a car is preferred but not required.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter detailing your experience teaching visual art to elementary age students to Jamie Olah, Education Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org