The Puerto Rican Arts Alliance, a non profit 501 (c ) (3) organization seeks candidates for the following positions:
Violin Music Instructor
Reports to Music Program Director
- Responsible for the enhanced musical development of those Chicago Public Schools pupils who are selected to participate in the Violin Program.
- Works at PRAA’s Latin Music Project site to further develop and implement music school programs.
- Works in cooperation with other staff to promote the PRAA's mission, through accomplishment of the strategic plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To teach the Violin instrument and specific disciplines to school pupils.
- To create recital performance opportunities and promote ensemble playing where possible.
- To provide a wide range of progressive, stimulating and attractive material.
- To keep abreast of curricular developments relating to music.
- To provide pupil reports, based on accurate assessments of pupils work.
- To prepare pupils for external exams where appropriate and guide towards opportunities for participation in area/regional ensembles
- To understand the relevance of music-making to local communities.
- Models desired agency’s goals for promoting music education.
- Works together with Program Manager and designated consultants/staff to develop annual service outcome goals.
- Assist with the administrative function associated with student recruitment, intake, registration, assignments, testing, and progress evaluations.
- Flexibility with working late afternoon and evening hours.
- Assist with extracurricular activities as needed.
- Acts as a mentor to student-teachers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires teaching experience in music arts education, or closely related field.Experience necessary working with youth, students, and adults in diverse populations and economic groups and with community education providers. Willingness to work flexible hours, Bilingual (Spanish/English) is preferred but not required.Ownership of reliable vehicle strongly recommended.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin or disability.
Salary: $30,000.00 to $35,000.00 /year