Teaching Artists for After School Musical Theater Residency
The Stage School is currently seeking qualified Teaching Artists for after school programs in 2020. We are accepting resumes for Drama Instructors, Singing Instructors, and Dance Instructors.
Our primary staffing opportunity is for a multi-week residency program in northwest Chicago. This program will meet on Tuesday from 2 – 4:30 PM and Thursdays from 3 – 5:30 PM, beginning January 7 through March 20, plus technical rehearsals and performances the week of March 23 – 27.
We will also have auditions scheduled the week of December 16, 2019, with dates/times to be determined.
At The Stage School, students study drama, singing, and dance. Our teachers nurture and develop young potential, stretching young imaginations, increasing confidence, and building essential life skills. We provide the right combination of learning and performing, with opportunities for students of all ages and experience levels. Students perform for family and friends at the end of each term.
Teaching Artists will be responsible for
· Conducting a structured, safe, and organized class
· Teaching fundamental skills to beginning and intermediate level performers
· Submitting weekly lesson plans
· Preparing students for their end of term presentation.
Ideal teaching candidates will
· be motivated, energetic, and organized
· have a strong professional background in vocal music and musical theater
· have experience teaching children ages 4-16
· have experience in rehearsing and directing/choreographing performances
· have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Please note that a car will be necessary to reach the class venue. The facility is not easily accessible by public transportation.
Please send resume and cover letter to ParkRidge@StageSchoolChicago.com. No phone calls please.