POTENTIAL TEACHING ARTIST OPPORTUNITIES
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) is currently interviewing artists for potential teacher artist collaborations in Chicago public schools for the 2019-2020 school year. Selected artists will take part in CAPE’s teaching artist design course.
CAPE engages students, inspires teachers, and transforms schools by weaving visual and performing arts into classroom lessons. To bring their academic subjects to life through art, we partner teaching artists with Chicago Public School teachers to develop original, creative lesson plans. These lessons integrate music, dance, drama, digital art, video and photography into classrooms; and, they also expand learning beyond school walls into community sites like art studios, performance halls and exhibit spaces.
CAPE demonstrates the impact of this approach to teaching and learning by commissioning long-term research to reveal how integrating art into education continually improves students’ critical thinking, self-esteem and confidence.
CAPE is looking for artists in all disciplines with:
- Experience in teaching in public schools.
- Experience in working in collaborations.
- Curiosity about how young people and teachers think.
- Interest in documenting and critiquing teaching practice.
- Interest in participating in their own professional development.
- Interest in participating in research on the role of the arts in learning.
Please email cover letter, resumes, and website link to:
Associate Director of Education
Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education
228 S. Wabash Ave. Suite 500
Chicago, Il 60604