Summer Finance & Operations Internship | Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
The Finance and Operations team manages aspects related to accounting, personnel, facilities and IT needs of Hubbard Street. The Finance and Operations Intern has the opportunity to learn general operating procedures, as well as specific skills, including: learning accounting software, application of basic accounting principles, proficiency on office equipment, organizational skills, and more. This is a fantastic opportunity for an intern who wants to see the inner workings of a non-profit organization; our department has contact with all others and we can tailor this internship to your interests and focus. Position schedule is flexible pending advance notice. Ideal applicants are available 5-15 hours per week (maximum time commitment is 15 hours/week).
- Research and book venues and organize the itinerary for various all-staff outings
- Opportunities for data visualization and organizational financial analysis
- Post job openings on various scouting websites and process the corresponding job/internship applications
- Research accounting discrepancies, ensuring records for accuracy
- Maintain electronic calendars for the Company and studios
- Update and maintain the company handbook
- Assist with accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare deposits
- Reconcile credit card statements
- General filing
- Other opportunities are available based on specific interests and skills.
- Other duties as assigned