Summer Camp Acting Instructor/Production Director
The Stage School has an opening for an Acting Instructor/Production Director for our 2019 Summer Camps. We offer one-week musical theater day camps during the summer, focused on rehearsing and performing a musical.
A candidate who can do all weeks is preferred, but we are open to hiring for single weeks if necessary.• “Shrek Jr.” - Monday, July 8 - Saturday, July 13 (Park Ridge)
• “Peter Pan” - Monday, July 15 - Saturday, July 20 (Park Ridge)
• “Cinderella” – Monday, July 22 – Saturday, July 27 (Oak Brook Terrace)
Camp runs from 9 AM to 3 PM each day. Campers range in age from 6 to 16, with approximately 45 – 50 students per session.
Our Company summer camp team consists of a separate Singing Teacher, Dance Teacher, and Acting Teacher, along with our school Principal.
The Acting Instructor will be responsible for:
• staging and directing each musical
• planning and leading the rehearsal process
• working with the production team to all camp/production needs are addressed
• assisting backstage during performances, and with set up and strike as needed.
Ideal teaching candidates will
• be motivated, energetic, and organized
• have a strong professional background in the performing arts
• have experience teaching children ages 6-16
• have experience in rehearsing and directing performances
• have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Camp locations are not accessible by public transportation and reliable transportation is required.
Please submit a cover letter detailing your relevant experience along with your resume. For more information, please visit StageSchoolChicago.com