Special Event and Gala Intern
The mission of the Harris Theater is to be Chicago’s primary residence for music and dance, connecting diverse audiences with outstanding artists from across the city, the nation, and the world.
The Special Event and Gala Intern provides crucial administrative, logistical and on-site event support for the Harris Theater’s special events, including the 2020 Gala, during the 2019-2020 season. The Special Event and Gala Intern will report to the Special Event and Engagement Coordinator, with opportunities to gain valuable experience in the fields of event management and fundraising.
- Draft electronic guest communications in Wordfly (invitations, reminder emails, etc.)
- Compile sponsor recognition slideshows for events
- Assist Development team in placing day-of reception invitations on seats
- Collaborate with Box Office to prepare VIP guest tickets for distribution
- Provide on-site support for events, including donor check-in and ticket distribution
- Prepare materials for regular Gala planning meetings
- Attend Gala planning meetings with event co-chairs and Harris Theater staff
Collateral and Direct Mail:
- Support for in-house direct mail campaigns related to events
- Maintain physical and digital archives for event collateral
- Generate guest attendance reports in Tessitura and format data to distribute to executive leadership
- Update guest attendance information in Tessitura following each event
- Database and donor record maintenance, as needed
Other duties as assigned
Undergraduates or recent graduates with a strong interest in the arts and the desire to pursue arts fundraising and/or events management as a career are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate for this position is organized and detail-oriented, with excellent communication skills and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Prior experience with Tessitura or CRM database helpful.
- September 3, 2019 – June 30, 2020
- 15-20 hours per week; Monday – Friday (flexible hours)
- Some nights and weekend required for event support
- $10 per hour
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Special Event and Gala Intern” in the subject line.