Senior Manager of School & Community Programs
At Hubbard Street Dance Chicago, we bring artists, art and audiences together to enrich, engage, and change lives through the experience of dance.
We are seeking a strategic, experienced, and mission-driven Senior Manager of School Programs to join Hubbard Street’s Education department. Reporting to the Director of Education, Youth, and Community Programs, the Senior Manager of School Programs will have strong knowledge of the current trends in public education, with emphasis on the specific issues in Chicago, and dance education. The Ideal candidate will have the ability to create integrated dance curriculum, supervise and train teaching artist staff, implement research initiatives, create and maintain long term collaborative school partnerships, serve as mentor teacher in schools, lead professional development workshops, and manage associated research projects. Primary responsibilities include developing and maintaining assigned school partnerships, hiring and training teaching artists for those programs, developing and assessing curricula, teaching professional development workshops, as well as the development of assessment and research tools.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Director of Education to develop and maintain long term school partnerships, key research initiatives, documentation protocols and materials, and teaching artist and educator professional development programs.
- Implement partnership research initiatives, in consultation with Education Director and pertinent program staff.
- Facilitate and implement in-school planning, evaluation and professional development workshops as needed for assigned projects and schools.
- Ensure that all school programs meet all CPS and suburban requirements.
- Work with the Director of Education to create annual budget goals and manage teaching artist budgets for assigned programs.
- With the Director of Education, identify, train, schedule & supervise teaching artist faculty.
- Participate in relevant education department events and workshops, as well as other professional development opportunities as assigned.
- Serve as teaching artist for school partnerships as needed and/or for training purposes.
- Serve as the department representative at school program performances and represent Hubbard Street at in-school culminating events and other functions as assigned.
- Work with Education Director to complete special projects as needed, including development of new programming to meet organizational goals.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate
- Hubbard Street gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for equity, diversity and inclusion.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned and strategic education professional with experience in school partnership, arts integration, and dance education.
- Minimum of 5 years working in a related-field. Bachelor’s degree in dance and/or education (with dance minor) (Master’s preferred), or comparable work experience.
- Experienced manager and master teacher capable of supervising and training faculty
- Capable of creating, implementing, assessing and training others in relevant curriculum and programming.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, deal with changing programs and school parameters, and an understanding of the varied educational needs of Chicago Public School students
- Superior relationship building and interpersonal skills that allow the individual to function in a variety of settings among widely different groups of people, a unique combination of creative and analytical talents.
- Flexibility and a “team player” sensibility.
- Valid driver’s license required. This position requires some non-traditional hours.
- Proficient with standard computer programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas of the organization’s work.