RiverEdge Park ChristkindlMarket – BEVERAGE SERVER
The Aurora Civic Center Authority (ACCA), an innovative organization located on Stolp Island in the Fox River in the heart of the richly diverse community of historic Aurora, Illinois (one hour from downtown Chicago), is seeking a Beverage Server for the ChristkindlMarket at RiverEdge Park. ACCA is the parent organization, which also includes a 501(c)3 arm under the name of Paramount Arts Centre, Inc. It operates three performance venues: the 6,000-person RiverEdge Park, the 1,843-seat landmark Paramount Theatre, and the 165-seat, newly renovated Copley Theatre. ACCA produces and presents over 500 performances each year, including star-studded touring productions, a self-produced Broadway Series of musicals and the self-produced Bold Series for an annual audience of 350,000 patrons from over 250 communities. ACCA proudly operates the Paramount School of the Arts in the new John C. Dunham Aurora Arts Center, right next door to Paramount Theatre in downtown Aurora. Paramount Theatre also hosts free community events, $1 Classic Movie Mondays and its opulent interiors provide a spectacular backdrop for private functions such as wedding receptions or corporate galas. Across the street from Paramount Theatre are the gorgeous Meyer Ballrooms, which play host to multiple wedding receptions and rental events throughout the year.
The Aurora Civic Center Authority is committed to being a defining catalyst for personal and
community transformation by:
• making the performing arts accessible for every age and socioeconomic background,
• introducing the magic of live theater across generations to encourage expansive
imaginations and broad views of people and the world,
• and contributing to the future stability and growth of Aurora’s downtown.
The highest purpose of any theater is to inspire its community toward a more perfect humanity.
Such humanity can exist only when every member of the community is included and valued,
empowered, and heard. To express this truth, ACCA commits its leaders, volunteers, artists, and
staff to the active, continual and accountable pursuit of the following principles: equity, inclusion
ACCA truly believes and lives by its mission statement and its commitment to equity, social
justice, and inclusion.
Since 1996, German American Events, LLC, a subsidiary of the German American Chamber of
Commerce of the Midwest has hosted the Christkindlmarket Chicago as a free event, featuring international and local vendors with various offerings for all ages.
The German-style outdoor market has become so popular that it expanded to several locations in
Illinois. The unique shopping experience, cheerful live entertainment and original food and
beverages like the imported mulled wine from Germany, called Glühwein, make the
Christkindlmarket a preferred and popular destination, mentioned by big media outlets like
the Chicago Tribune, Choose Chicago, and Chicago Magazine. In 2021, it has been nominated as one of the Top 10 Holiday Markets by USA Today 10Best Readers’ Choice.
DEPARTMENT – Audience Services/ Front of House
DIRECT REPORTING – Audience Service/Front of House Management
WORKS CLOSELY WITH – Audience Services & Front of House
POSITION STATUS & SCHEDULE – Seasonal Part Time; generally- 10-15 hours per week
varying dependent on event schedule. Days, Evenings, and Weekend hours available. Position is
seasonal (November 17-December 24 2023) with paid training. Post event shifts may be needed.
ChristkindlMarket Hours (November 17-December 24, 2023)
• Thursdays: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Fridays & Saturdays: 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
• Sundays: 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Monday, December 18-Wednesday, December 20: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Thanksgiving, November 23 & Christmas Eve, December 24: 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
COMPENSATION – Starting at $11 per hour + tips
HIRE DATE – October 2023
START DATE: November 2023
• Provide exemplary customer service to all patrons and event attendees
• Serve a limited menu of drinks, beer & wine at a high-volume beverage service station in
both indoor & outdoor environments (outdoor areas heated)
• Work a point-of-sale system for both credit and cash beverages sales
• Responsible for a designated amount of cash for the length of all events
• Work with cash, make proper change for cash sales
• Adhere to the Paramount Theater & RiverEdge Park Guidelines and Regulations
• Able to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Other duties as assigned
In addition to the duties listed above, ACCA expects the following of each employee: adheres to ACCA’s policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets productivity standards; participates in ACCA events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ABILITIES –
• Positive attitude and the ability to work well alone and in a team environment
• Handle high stress outdoor environment
• Be proactive in maintaining high level of beverage service
• Work in a fast-paced environment in conditions such as loud noise and low lighting
• Be able to work outside in all varieties of weather including low temperatures, snow, ice,
and rain (Some cold weather clothing provided by employer. Employee is responsible for
providing all other cold weather clothing they wish to wear).
• Minimum age of 21 years old
• Must provide BASSETT Certification through December 2023
• Previous hospitality & beverage service preferred
• Able to lift up to 25lbs, stand, twist, bend
• Ability to be on your feet for several hours
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume using the online job application at https://
Or mail/drop off to: Aurora Civic Center Authority, ATTN: Dawn King, 8 E Galena Blvd, Suite
230, Aurora, IL 60506
ACCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability status, marital or familial status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ACCA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, women, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities, veterans, and others who are eager to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
ACCA participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, ACCA is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any
action against you, including terminating the employment. Employers can only use E-Verify
once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.