The Book Stall of Winnetka, Il is looking for a RECEIVING AGENT. The perfect candidate is an experienced, detail-oriented individual with a passion for books and reading to lead the operations of our very busy receiving department.
This position works closely with the Store Manager, Purchaser, and Events Coordinator; the Receiving Agent will also spend some time on the sales floor fulfilling customer service duties.
- Organizing incoming orders and receiving items into store inventory through our inventory management system
- Inspecting all incoming merchandise and reconciling irregularities (damages, short shipments, price changes, etc.) with our vendor partners
- Verifying purchase orders against shipments
- Assisting with the receipt, storage, and delivery of large quantity shipments
- Assisting with the shelving of merchandise on the sales floor
- Assuming bookseller duties as needed and when available; duties include: processing sales, answering phones, and assisting customers in finding books
- Assisting with the operations of large, off-site events when necessary
The receiving agent position is a physically demanding one, requiring the lifting and moving of heavy boxes and standing for long periods of time on a daily basis.
Employees of The Book Stall enjoy working in a vibrant, exciting environment with friendly coworkers; we also enjoy access to great books and a generous discount.
Prior retail experience a plus; this job requires the use of computers, an analytical frame of mind, and flexibility.
Interested candidates please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please write RECEIVING AGENT in the subject line. Principals only; no recruiters, please.