Chicago Mobile Makers is a nonprofit organization in Chicago that offers free and low-cost youth workshops encompassing design, architecture, digital fabrication, basic construction and place-making in Chicago communities.
We are looking for a passionate and dedicated Program Facilitator to help administer pre-prepared programming in schools and at organizations for children ranging in age from 8-18.
The responsibilities of the Program Facilitator include:
- Leading classes through design-thinking and problem-solving lessons
- Supporting students from the beginning to end of a design project
- Picking up workshop materials if needed
- Reviewing curriculum and course expectations with the Executive Director
- Attending and assisting with special events
- Brainstorming/workshopping new curriculum ideas
The ideal Program Facilitator will:
- Be passionate, creative, fun-loving, proactive, and motivated
- Have a background in architecture, design, or a related field
- Have experience working with youth
- Have a flexible schedule
Having access to a car is a plus - workshops occur in various neighborhoods of the city and in Oak Park.
This position will start at 5-10 hours/week but may be adjusted down the road. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. Thank you! :)