Reports to: Program Director
Department(s): Uptown Circus, After School Activities and Gig Coordinator, Operations, Instructor
Employment Status: Full-Time (40 hrs/wk)
CircEsteem values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. CircEsteem is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, acestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
CircEsteem unites and empowers youth from diverse backgrounds by teaching them the skills needed to succeed in life. Specifically, CircEsteem promotes the development of self-esteem, personal success and empowerment by (i) promoting the practice of circus arts; (ii) uniting youth from diverse backgrounds; (iii) providing skills training; and (iv) providing children from low-income and economically challenged backgrounds with the financial safety net they will need as they seek higher education.
The Program Coordinator’s essential job function is to execute applicable programs including the program infrastructure; personnel management; program promotion and events, and various administrative tasks as needed.
Program Coordination – Uptown Circus
- Organize and develop a program schedule in cooperation with school administration and staff
- Create and communicate a daily schedule
- Supervise staff
- Provide quality social circus instruction
- Organize program materials: technology, program documents and other materials essential to Uptown Circus programming.
Program Coordination – Afterschool Activites (ASA) and Gigs
- Create and communicate a schedule for ASAs and Gigs
- In conjunction with the Instructor Specialist coordinate ASA staff observations
- Organize program documents and other materials essential to programming.
- Obtain photos and short videos from ASA instructors and give to Office Manager bi-weekly.
- Schedule all staff for ASAs and Residencies and Gigs (Program Director must approve coaching staff before offers are made.)
- In coordination with assigned Program Coordinator, ensure that the required number of youth are signed up for corresponding Gigs and Workshops.
- Manage the logistics and operations of all ASA, In-School Residencies, and Gigs, including (but not limited to): onsite observation, vehicle schedules, filling in if staff can’t be booked, etc.
- Manage on-boarding process of new employees
- Assist with completion of paperwork and fingerprinting
- Coordinate interviews
- Assist with the organization of supplies and props in the basement and cage
- Participate in CircEsteem program & core staff meetings and staff trainings.
- Provide quality social circus instruction for offsite HWCW programming
- Provide quality social circus instruction for Chicago Youth Circus
- Provide quality social circus instruction for nine weeks of Summer Camp
- Salary: $36,000 – $48,000 and commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Contributions toward a 403b retirement account or Health Insurance Plan
- Paid Time Off: 15 days paid leave, 5 days paid sick leave
- Flex Time: Special events and excess overage of hours will result in the awarding of Flex Leave. Flex Leave must be approved by supervisor before additional hours are worked.
Please submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to Jose@circesteem.org to be considered for this position.