The Chicago Humanities Festival (CHF) connects people to the ideas that shape and define us, and promotes the lifelong exploration of what it means to be human. CHF fosters curiosity, celebrates creativity, explores the boundaries of contemporary knowledge and culture, and challenges us to see ourselves and our world anew. Collaborating with many of Chicago’s major cultural and educational institutions, CHF produces over 120 events in 40+ venues around Chicago annually, including a weekend-long Spring Festival in April, a three-week Fall Festival in October and November, and additional stand-alone programs, and school matinees throughout the year. CHF has an international reputation for innovation and creativity, featuring an exceptional roster of writers, scholars, performers, and visual artists in its programs and online as well as humanities-based educational and professional development programs.
The Program Coordinator is a detail-oriented individual who works closely with the Director of Programming to manage administrative processes for CHF’s Programming Team and year-round programming, including public programs, special events, and school-based matinees. This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is commensurable to experience. An excellent benefits package is provided.
Position reports to the Director of Programming and assists with the day-to-day supervision of part-time Program Staff and Intern(s).
● Manage calendars, communications, and all administrative processes for CHF’s Programming Team and year-round programming.
● Manage presenter logistics and event itineraries, including travel, hosting, hotel accommodations, riders, and other amenities.
● Assist in generating and issuing contracts, program introduction scripts, and other important documents.
● Maintain and update relevant databases (primarily in AirTable) including pitches, programs, presenter demographics and subject diversity, partner organizations, books sales and signings, budgets, logistics, student and youth group registration, etc.
● Collect and share presenter and partner assets (bio, photos, pull quotes, logos, etc.) with CHF’s Marketing Team.
● Support presenter and partner festival access, including communications and distribution of badges, comps, promo codes, etc.
● Manage and process reimbursement checks for presenters, presenter hosts, teachers, and other group leaders, as contracted.
● Train and supervise Program Assistant and Program Intern(s) as needed.
● Wide ranging interest in arts, culture, politics, social issues, science and technology.
● A professional demeanor and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Exceptional time and project management skills.
● An ability to take direction, and to work both independently and as part of a team.
● Desire to establish strong working relationships and work effectively with others inside and outside the organization.
● Able to multi-task with several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, mission-driven, collaborative environment.
● A minimum of 2 year’s experience working in program coordination and administration.
● Commitment to diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion in CHF workplace culture and with external stakeholders.
● High energy, positive personality, flexibility, resourcefulness, and assertiveness in problem solving.
● Solid computer, data entry, and database management experience (Google Suite, AirTable, Adobe a plus).
● Proficiency on both Macintosh and PC computers environments.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send your resume, letter of interest, and references to:
Chicago Humanities Festival
Attention: Director of Programming
*Application deadline is December 10, 2019.
The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer