Photography Teaching Artist
Photography Teaching Artist - Beverly Arts Center
The Beverly Art Center is seeking a Photography Teaching Artist for their outreach department and possibly a position within the School of Fine Arts.
The BAC is actively seeking a Photography Teaching Artist who has experience working with children and in education. The Photography Teaching Artist may possibly have to provide for their own camera/equipment for which they will be compensated $100 per session rental fee. The BAC is looking for teachers who are especially creative within a lesson plan that has to provide for a small budget.
- Planning lessons for weekly classes for classrooms of around 30 students.
- Arriving on-time for class assignments.
- Greeting students upon their arrival
- Maintaining good classroom management skills
- Being observed in classrooms intermittently by the Outreach Coordinator or SOFA Administrative Director and/or the Interim Director of Education.
- Returning completed contracts and bi-weekly Time Sheets to department coordinator, meeting deadlines.
- Attending departmental meetings.
- Experience and Education:
- Applicants should be a trained photographer who have either studied in a professional organization or at a secondary college or university, or have commensurate experience in the scene.
- A minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in public or private school education is strongly preferred.
- A High School Diploma is required, and a Bachelor's or advanced degree is preferred; compensation is commensurate with education level and teaching experience.
- All candidates will be considered primarily on the basis of reliability, accountability and integrity combined with a passion for bringing enriching artistic programs to the community at large.
- Teachers are strongly motivated independent contractors who demonstrate tangible classroom management skills and an ability to properly communicate with students.
- Transparent availability, scheduling flexibility and strong communication skills are required assets for this position.
- As representatives of the Beverly Arts Center, artists are expected to be professional, prepared and prompt for all contracted classes.
- The BAC reserves the right to terminate Teachers from the active roster at any time if these standards are not upheld.
- To Apply:
Submit Cover Letter, Resume, with the email address of three (3) recommendations to email@example.com.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Only emailed applications will be considered.