At DePaul University, we are looking for candidates who want to join us in our mission to provide access to education for all. Successful candidates welcome ideas and perspectives from colleagues and students representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, religious beliefs, and experiences. We seek collaborative, open-minded and hard working professionals to work in a real world urban learning environment. Are you exceptional, yet modest and open to challenges? We seek achievers and leaders that want to bring their passion and skills to our well-respected community of approachable colleagues. Build your career with us.
Reporting to the Director of the Community Music Division, this position is responsible for handling student registrations, student accounts, budget and account reconciliation, faculty payroll, and related record-keeping / analysis for the Community Music Division.
|Responsibilities & Duties|
- Student Accounts
- Enters student data and tracks quarterly registration for 700 students.
- Prepares invoices, processes all student payments, handles outstanding balances and special billing problems.
- Works with the Director to award all financial aid and scholarship funds.
- Tracks applications and sends out award letters.
- Faculty Affairs
- Processes faculty quarterly rosters with information for biweekly stipends.
- Prepares quarterly memos for collecting student information from faculty.
- Responsible for ensuring timely payment of all CMD faculty on a bi-weekly basis including additional pay, substitute pay, and professional development awards.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and produces bi-weekly student registration reports for faculty.
- Drafts memos for current payroll policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Director of CMD & Director of Business Administration SOM to develop and implement annual salary plan for CMD instructors.
- Financial Affairs
- Collaborates with Director of CMD and Director of Business Administration on financial analysis and assists in the development and monitoring of annual $1M CMD budget and gifts.
- Reviews and ensures proper implementation of University policies and internal School of Music procedures affecting the CMD.
- Maintains yearly spreadsheet for CMD expenses, revenue, and related reconciliation materials.
- Reconciles all CMD spending with University financial reports; makes changes to general and accounts payable ledgers where necessary.
- Ensures timely processing of all Accounts Payable transactions; pays vendor invoices and prepares check requisitions.
- Prepares deposit slips for University accounts office and maintains orderly files.
- Makes purchases on behalf of the CMD.
- Keeps track of discretionary spending with the Division.
- Receives payments and gifts to CMD including revenue from annual fundraiser grossing 20K and ensures proper allocation of all non-tuition revenues.
- Manages fiscal year end activity and ensures that all account and financial activity are in the appropriate fiscal year.
- Administers SOM student worker SEAF forms; oversees and approves student worker hiring; confirms and approves reported hours for CPS partnership instructors and CMD student hourly employees.
- Reports to department of Compliance during departmental quality assurance reviews, recommends, and implements changes to procedures where necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of all salary information and personnel records.
- Collaborates with SOM business office on transaction / reconciliation approvals and on-going analysis.
- CMD operations
- Maintains data and logistics for CRM system (ASAP); troubleshoots and collaborates with vendor & SOM Technology Manager on system changes/improvements.
- Assists with day-to-day operations of the CMD – answering phones, taking student payments, contacting faculty members, students, and parents when needed.
- Assists with special events including fundraisers, annual Concerto Festival, and other regular events.
|Education & Experience|
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) with strong interest in music and the arts.
- 3+ years in accounting, finance or equivalent experience.
- Approx. $1 million annual operating & revenue budget in CMD.
|Other Skills & Abilities Reqd|
- Must be familiar with CRM systems, financial reporting and functions.
- Advanced proficiency in Word, Excel in Mac OS that easily transfers to learning ASAP, an integrated software system designed to handle data management of community music schools.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Self-reliant, comfortable working with numbers and able to meet payroll deadlines.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills; must be able to communicate and interact effectively with students, parents and faculty.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to function well in a small office environment where collaboration and teamwork are essential.
- Capacity for hard work; ability to meet challenges and achieve desired goals; work independently without continuous direction.
- Commitment to the community music school philosophy.
You may upload other attachments (Transcripts, Portfolios, Writing samples) in the “My Activities” tab of your profile.
FOR CONSIDERATION PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.
This is a part time hourly position requiring 25 hours per week (5 hours per weekday). Must be willing to work additional evening and weekend hours as needed for special events. Schedule is somewhat flexible.
Salary & Benefits Package:
DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect:
Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.