About Our Company
Heaven Sent Pet Care is a professional pet care company that has been serving the Evanston, Wilmette, and Kenilworth areas since 1999. We are committed to offering professional and personalized pet care services to our clients in their homes.
We are looking for dynamic, caring, and trustworthy pet lovers to join our expanding team. We have a few artists on staff with us and know that this can be a fun way to make some supplemental income for freelancers! If you are a self-starter, able to work independently, and can manage a changing schedule, this may be the job for you!
We are currently hiring for an Overnight House-Sitter/Pet-Sitter. **We have a specific need for House-sitters available the 2019 Christmas/New Years holidays!
This position requires overnight stays (sleeping over in a client's home) with the client's animals. House-sitting includes walking the dog(s), feedings, medications if necessary, and maintaining each animal's routine. House-sitting may also include other pet-sitting or vacation care tasks such as bringing in the mail/newspaper, plant care, cleaning up messes (ie: hairballs, accidents), and keeping the home in order while the clients are away.
Each overnight stay begins from the dinner period (arrival between 5-7pm) and continues until the morning period (departure between 7-9am). House-sitting jobs last anywhere from 1 night to 2 weeks.
House-sitters are independent contractors with Heaven Sent and are offered client "bookings" as clients schedule vacation care with us. House-sitters work on an "as-needed" basis and accept or reject each booking on an individual basis.
The base rate paid to a house-sitter for each night of house-sitting is $32.50 for one dog and goes up from there depending on client surcharges. There are extra fees given to the house-sitter for additional animals in the home, extra visits scheduled during the daytime, and for holidays (gratuity is not reflected in this rate).
Please note: House-sitters are NOT able to bring guests with them into the client's home during their stay.
- Background & References: You need to be at least 21 years old, able to pass a background/criminal check, and have at least 3 references.
- Supplies & Equipment:Y ou need to have: (1) a reliable car or other reliable transportation (2) a computer/laptop/tablet with access to the internet, (3) a printer, (4) a working Smart Phone
- Location: Unfortunately, we cannot reimburse sitters for travel time, so it is best if theylive or work within our service areas of Evanston, Wilmette, or Kenilworth.
- Availability: House-sitters typically will take one booking per month. They may take on more bookings depending on their availability and client requests.
- Holidays: Our immediate need is for house-sitters who can take bookings over major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years).
And of course, we expect that you love animals! Working with animals can be an extremely rewarding and fun job and we are looking for candidates whose priority is providing quality care to our furry clients and their owners. You don't have to have any professional animal work experience, but we find it helpful if you've had pets of your own before.
We are a fun team committed to providing the best service in town and look forward to adding some caring individuals to the group.