Operations & Programs Coordinator for non-profit dance company The Space Movement Project
The Space Movement Project (TSMP) is an innovative female dance group dedicated to: nurturing the collective female lens in contemporary dance movement; inspiring experimental collaborative inquiry in creative dance process; and cultivating the Chicago dance community through its platforms for discussion and contemporary dance incubation.
TSMP is seeking a part-time Operations and Programs Coordinator to assist the Managing Director in carrying out administrative and production tasks for its 15th anniversary season. This is a contract position beginning in fall 2019 through June 2020 with the possibility to extend ongoing.
Operations and Programs Coordinator is a paid hourly role at an estimated average of 6-8 hours per week. We are seeking an organized and motivated individual who is able to work independently to complete tasks and meet deadlines. The ideal candidate has strong writing and communication skills, is passionate about arts administration and is eager to develop a non-profit management skill set. This is primarily a remote position which will require a computer and internet access.
- Preparing and updating online marketing materials including e-blasts and social media presence
- Maintaining TSMP's website on the Wordpress platform
- Executing donor engagement tasks
- Working with Managing Director to develop successful grant proposals
- Performing basic budgeting and financial reporting tasks
- Assisting the Managing Director in production and tour planning; building long-term strategy and programming goals
- Attending TSMP's quarterly board meetings as administrative liaison
- Attending and assisting with production of TSMP's local performances throughout the season
- Completing additional tasks as assigned
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1.