Please complete our web application, which includes two prompted writing samples: https://goo.gl/g1keuh
When complete, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Rock! Chicago is hiring a part-time Operations Manager to facilitate and supervise the year-round activities of the organization, including program logistics, financial planning, outreach, administrative duties, and fund development. This position reports directly to the Girls Rock! Chicago Board.
Job description is as follows:
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Coordinates with Board of Directors to maintain excellent status of the nonprofit’s designation and supporting documents
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining finances for the organization, including all record keeping, monthly financial reports to the Board, budgeting, and adhering to 501c3 regulations in coordination with the Board Treasurer.
- Handles day-to-day tasks for the organization, including emails and general inquiries, and interacting with GR!C stakeholders, delegating to staff when necessary.
- Leads marketing strategy, including planning content for social and other digital media.
- Maintains donor database, trains and supports staff on database use, and ensures excellent database maintenance.
- Works with the Board and camp organizers to plan and execute major GR!C initiatives, including programs, fundraisers, outreach, and strategic planning.
- Provides supervision and project coordination for all staff, including the Events Coordinator, Gear Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, and Outreach Coordinator.
- Works with the Finance Committee on fund development planning and participates in fundraising committee activities, including prospect research, grant writing, campaign planning and solicitation.
- Serves as liaison between staff and board, attending monthly board meetings and other committee meetings as necessary (part of 25 hour work week).
- Flexible evenings and weekend for tabling, special events, preparation, and staffing
- Passionate about Girls Rock! Chicago’s mission and impact
- 2-4 years experience in a non profit organization, foundation, or government agencies
- Highly intelligent, creative, and excellent communicator
- Empathetic and respectful
- Extremely well-organized
- A solutions-oriented problem solver demonstrating wise judgement
- Capable of leading both paid and volunteer staff in a supportive and compassionate way
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proven ability to work with efficiency and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Self-starter, self-disciplined, able to work independently and prioritize
- Spark, imagination, creativity
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Financially literate; able to interpret documents such as organizational budgets
- Experience with Salesforce preferred but not required
- Fund development and/or grant writing experience a plus
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED 4-year degree
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Managerial
HOURLY POSITION: $14.00 - $18.00 per hour with a maximum of 25 hours a week.
50 hours of Paid Time Off
20 hours of Paid Sick Leave
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7/10/2019
START DATE: August 2019
People of color, women, transgender people (regardless of identity), and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply. Girls Rock! Chicago is an EOE.
No phone calls, please.
Girls Rock! Chicago (GR!C) is an equal opportunity employer. GR!C does not discriminate on the bases of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. Girls Rock! Chicago complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Girls Rock! Chicago expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Girls Rock! Chicago’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.