The Operations Coordinator in our Chicago office will work with galleries, museums, institutions, private collectors, and auction houses to develop and execute creative logistics solutions for the safe packing, storage, and transportation of all tiers of fine art shipments; meeting insurance requirements and stakeholder deadlines.
We are looking for entry-level candidates, but are open to qualified candidates with relevant experience.
(80%) - Administrative Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Fulfill and complete Transportation Security Administration (TSA) training to acquire relevant certifications
- Communicate with customers, vendors, colleagues, foreign agents and all relevant stakeholders to plan, schedule, and execute bespoke, time sensitive transport solutions.
- Prepare estimates and budget proposals; varying in scope and complexity
- Research and present detailed transport schedules and routing options. (via Road/Air/Ocean/Rail)
- Advise on appropriate packing solutions for fine art, antiquities, and archival materials
- Interface with commercial air and steamship lines to negotiate and book shipments
- Understand and execute TSA-compliant Export procedures; drafting documentation such as AWBs, Delivery Orders; Packing Lists; Pro Forma Invoices; etc.
- Understand and execute Import procedures, abiding by all relevant US Customs regulations
- Obtain and prepare documents for US Customs entries
- Gain familiarity with domestic and international special permitting needs; including those issued by US Fish and Wildlife, the USDA, OFAC, and others.
- Researching and compiling project schedules, shipping requirements, and deadlines
- Creating and submitting invoices for services provided
(20%) - Operational Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Onsite fieldwork at O'Hare International Airport; including occasional after-hour and weekend work
- Site Visits to Client/Shipper locations
Reliable transportation is REQUIRED. Our office is currently located in Hoffman Estates, IL and this position will require in-office working hours; full time while training, then transitioning to a hybrid schedule.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM Database Softwares; including Cloud-based file systems
- Bachelor's Degree; Any Discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional judgment, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and high volume client correspondences
Please send your resume and optional cover letter to the contact listed below.