The Chicago Playback Theatre Ensemble is looking for an Operations Coordinator to assist with the administrative and logistical aspects of rehearsals and performances. Chicago Playback Theatre is a performance ensemble, which brings personal stories told by the audience to life onstage using improvisational theatre, movement, and music.
As an ensemble, we are committed to pursuing collective justice and access. In our first season, we built and trained our ensemble and provided 14 diverse experiences for audiences to connect to their own stories and each other. We've partnered with local organizations like State Matters, the Chicago Public Libraries, and the Howard Brown Center. In our second season, we plan to deepen our training, set a self-produced show series, and focus on our partnerships with community organizations and activist groups.
- Arrive to as many rehearsals & shows as available at least 15 mins prior to call time to help prep space
- Take attendance
- Prepare rehearsal and show reports
- Send rehearsal/show reminders to ensemble scheduled
- Manage late actors
- Attend quarterly steering committee meetings
- Assist in coordinating rehearsal and self-produced show space logistics (ie: survey actor/volunteer availability, book space)
- Assist in day of show logistics for shows available (ie: box office, concessions, point person for client)
- Occasionally assist Committee Heads with their tasks (especially with helping send press releases!)
Time Commitment and Compensation
The Operations Coordinator is expected to work 10-13 hours per month for our season, late-November of 2019 through the end of June of 2020 (pro-rated for months with breaks). These hours include rehearsal and show attendance and assistance. This is a volunteer position for the 2019-20 season with plans to offer a stipend beginning with the 2020-2021 season.
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong Organizational ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient with spreadsheets
- Some Stage Management skills are a plus
To apply, send a resume to Allison at Chicagoplaybacktheatre@gmail.com
If you are unavailable for a late November start, but you're interested in assisting us with the work that we do, please contact us anyway as we can discuss negotiating start dates or other volunteer opportunities.