OUR VISION is a rich creative arts community where artists with intellectual & developmental disabilities participate through leadership and collaboration.
OUR MISSION Arts of Life advances the creative arts community by providing artists with intellectual and developmental disabilities a collective space to expand their practice and strengthen their leadership.
Arts of Life continually creates an environment that is trusting, nurturing, and respectful. We are all equals in this space and should be given the most respect possible. We understand that all of us have bad days and all of us are developing as individuals and we encourage each other to share both the positive things that make us who we are and the negative things that make us who we are. We encourage everyone to share their goals and aspirations so that we are able to be of some help along their journey. We hope to provide this environment and offer our philosophy to everyone that joins our community, not just our artists. If our environment is true, it will have the same effect on everyone.
The Operations Assistant is a critical position that works with multiple team members providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of Arts of Life (AofL). This position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization, data management, and communications.
- Assist the Executive Director in her day to day operations of AofL
- Assist the Leadership team with all tasks, including data entry, training, and scheduling.
- Assist the Programming team by supporting their PTO needs.
- Collaborate with any team or project as required, assisting with non-specialized tasks
- Support the success of all reports, presentations, and marketing materials.
- Multitask across multiple projects, triaging as necessary to ensure success,
- Create marketing communications and social media posts.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Previous administrative experience.
- Registered Direct Support Person (DSP) in the state of Illinois or willing to pursue registration through The Arts of Life.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic physical moves such as kneeling, reaching, crouching, bending, and twisting,
- CPR and First Aid certification or willingness to pursue certification through Arts of Life upon hire.
Skills & proficiencies:
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Some previous experience using a CRM required Little Green Light (LGL) preferred
- Some previous experience managing mid-to-large volumes of date preferred
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Superb time-management, organizational, and planning skills
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Mac and Google platforms
- Self Starter who is capable of adapting to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Skilled at establishing and cultivating strong relationships with peers, across different levels of the organization, and externally.