Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Northlight Theatre Spring Internships - Marketing & Advancement Intern
Job Title: Marketing & Advancement Intern
Dates: Spring 2020: Monday, January 6 – Friday, May 15, 2020
Pay: $250 stipend
Deadline to apply: November 11, 2019
Overall Description: Working under the supervision of the Director of Marketing & Communications and the advancement team, support Northlight Theatre’s Marketing and Advancement Departments in all phases of day-to-day operations, from general office and data management duties to fundraising and social media content development.
The Internship Experience Includes:
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Career development workshops such as resume building, interviewing skills, etc., and mentorship in pursuing theatre as a career.
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-20 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Assist Marketing Team in identifying cross-promotional opportunities.
- Record, track and analyze e-blast and social media statistics.
- Contribute content to the organization’s online presence.
- Assist Marketing Team with collating audience attendance and demographic data
- Assist in planning and execution of the spring fundraiser with the following responsibilities:
- Attendee and donor communications, follow-up, and tracking
- Data entry and RSVP tracking in eTapestry
- Creation of event-related materials
- Staffing at the event
- Assist with the planning and execution of all donor, fundraising, and cultivation events throughout the year, including Opening Nights and donor receptions.
- Track donor campaigns and enhance our stewardship effort.
- Assist in researching new funding opportunities.
- Provide administrative assistance with day-to-day marketing and advancement duties, including data entry, filing, mailing assembly, and proofreading and editing materials.
Skills & Requirements:
- The ideal candidate will be seeking a hands-on opportunity to learn about all aspects of marketing and fundraising for theatre, and will be organized, self-directed and outgoing, with an interest in both the art and the business of theatre. Excellent writing, researching, communication and organizational skills are essential. Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, with specific experience working with Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with website design and Adobe Creative Suite is a plus. Undergrads and recent graduates with an interest in not-for-profit management, fundraising, and the arts should apply.