Northlight Theatre Spring Internships - Casting & Artistic Administration Intern
Job Title: Casting & Artistic Administration Intern
Dates: Spring 2020: Monday, January 6 – Friday, May 15, 2020
Pay: $250 stipend
Deadline to apply: November 11, 2019
Overall Description: Working under the Literary Manager & Casting Associate and Artistic Programs Manager, the artistic intern will perform a variety of tasks related to the Artistic Department of Northlight Theatre with an emphasis on artistic administration, casting, dramaturgy, and literary management.
- Opportunities to interface with Northlight Theatre staff in all departments, including Artistic Director B.J. Jones and Executive Director Tim Evans.
- Career development workshops such as resume building, interviewing skills, etc., and mentorship in pursuing theatre as a career
- One-on-one meetings with selected professionals in Chicago theatre.
- Discounts and complimentary tickets to professional productions in Chicago.
- Attending Northlight Opening Nights.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 15-18 hours weekly; days/times flexible
- Observe and assist with auditions and casting processes as needed. Flexible daytime weekday availability preferred.
- Updating Northlight casting database, organizing headshot submissions, and filing and updating actor information.
- Organizing the flow of scripts through the department by reading, filing scripts and writing evaluations.
- Assisting in the development of new works by attending new play development meetings with writers and directors, rehearsals, and readings.
- Working with marketing to provide information for the season lobby displays.
- Helping with artistic events and other short-term projects when necessary.
Skills & Requirements:
- The best candidate will demonstrate a high level of initiative, maturity, enthusiasm, and attention to detail. Undergrads and recent graduates with an interest in literary management, casting, artistic administration, and producing should apply.