Neisser Family Curatorial Internship at the MCA: Fall 2019
The MCA Chicago is excited to collaborate with Kate Neisser and the Neisser Family Foundation to launch this internship. The Neisser Family Curatorial Internship will serve as an opportunity for college and graduate level students of color to learn and work in a leading, globally focused museum that is vested in their growth and progression. To be considered for this internship, applicants must be applying for an internship in the Curatorial department and identify as a person of color. A stipend of $3200 is available each term.
To be eligible for the Neisser Family Curatorial Internship Stipend candidates must:
- Meet all the requirements of the Internship Program listed on the MCA website.
- Currently be enrolled in a college or university.
- Identify as a person of color.
- Be interested in an internship in the Curatorial department.
- Submit a one- to two-page writing sample from an academic paper, in addition to general application materials.
- Submit an essay answering the following prompt: What is the role of museums in today's society?
The Internship Program consists of a 3 month commitment with a minimum of 16 weekly hours, specific projects and daily assignments in the department, and participation in departmental meetings, special events, and staff lectures.
If you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com
Applications are due August 11, 2019. Visit our career site to apply.