Metalworking & Forging Instructor
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Youth, grades 6-12, and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Metalworking & Forging Instructor to join our Team starting in September 2021.
The ideal candidate:
• has teaching proficiency in general fabrication processes including cutting, bending, joining, and finishing of metal objects
• has teaching proficiency in the principles of forging
• has experience working with steel, aluminum, and stainless steel materials
• feels confident with safety measures associated with metal fabrication and forging
• has interest and experience in guiding Youth and Adults with functional, decorative, and sculptural fabricated and forged objects
• has the flexibility to teach select weekday daytime, weekday evenings, and weekends
• is a great communicator
• is responsible and professional
• has CNC plasma for metalworking experience
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent Metal Fabrication and/or Forging work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.