Metal Casting / Foundry Instructor
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Youth, grades 6-12, and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Metal Casting/Foundry Instructor to join our Team starting in January 2022.
The ideal candidate:
- has teaching proficiency in pattern making and modeling
- has teaching proficiency in green sand, resin-bonded sand, and lost-wax investment mold-making
- has experience leading aluminum and bronze pours
- has teaching proficiency in chasing, welding, and finishing of the cast object
- feels confident with safety measures associated with the Foundry practice
- has interest and experience in guiding Youth and Adults with functional, decorative, and sculptural cast objects
- has the flexibility to teach select weekday daytime, weekday evenings, and weekends
- is a great communicator
- is responsible and professional
- has woodworking experience for pattern making
- has 3D printing/CNC machining experience for modeling/pattern making
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent Cast Metal work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.