Metal Casting/Foundry Instructor
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Casting & Molding, Metalworking & Forging, Technology & Design, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Teens and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Metal Casting/Foundry Instructor to join our Team starting this Summer. Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
- has teaching proficiency in pattern making, clay and wax modeling
- has teaching proficiency in green sand, resin-bonded sand, and lost-wax investment mold-making
- has teaching proficiency in chasing, welding, and finishing of the cast object
- feels confident with safety measures associated with Foundry practice
- has interest and experience in guiding people with functional, decorative, and sculptural cast objects
- has the flexibility to teach select weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekends
- is a great communicator
- is responsible and professional
- woodworking experience for pattern making a plus
- 3D printing/CNC machining experience for modeling/pattern making a plus
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent Cast Metal work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.