Metal Casting/Foundry Instructor
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center (CIADC) is hiring!
CIADC is a non-profit organization that provides education and working access to the Chicagoland public in 4 Departments: Metal Casting, Metalworking & Forging, CNC Fabrication, and Woodworking. We offer programming for Youth and Adults of all abilities and interests!
CIADC is looking for a Metal Casting/Foundry Youth and Adult Instructor to join our Team starting in June 2021.
Specifically, we are looking for someone who:
• has teaching proficiency in pattern making, clay and wax modeling
• has teaching proficiency in green sand, resin-bonded sand, and lost-wax investment mold-making
• has experience leading aluminum and bronze pours
• has teaching proficiency in chasing, welding, and finishing of the cast object
• feels confident with safety measures associated with Foundry practice
• has interest and experience in guiding Youth and Adults with functional, decorative, and sculptural cast objects
• has the flexibility to teach select weekdays, weekday evenings, and weekends, and is comfortable teaching both Youth (Grades 6-12) and Adults
• is a great communicator
• is responsible and professional
• ideally has Woodworking experience for pattern making
• ideally has 3D printing/CNC machining experience for modeling/pattern making
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, and 3-5 images (or URL link) of your recent Cast Metal work.
The Chicago Industrial Arts & Design Center is an equal opportunity employer.