Chicago Sinfonietta, the nation’s most diverse orchestra, has an exciting open position for a full-time Marketing Director.
Marketing Director (MD) Job Description
This full-time position is responsible for all marketing and communications activities for the organization, from budgeting and planning to creative development and implementation.
Create and implement annual marketing plan including:
- Creating department expense budget and revenue goals
- Creating advertising plan
- Participate in meetings and negotiations with media partners and sponsors
- Negotiating with outside vendors (printer, mail house, list management, PR firm, etc.)
- Create yearly department initiatives, goals, measures, and timeline
- Scheduling and leading department meetings and working with the development team to align on donor relationship initiatives
- Working with staff and board to create and implement annual institutional marketing efforts
- Develop timelines and create database of assets
Manage annual subscription renewals and acquisition including:
- Working with CRM and Box Office to initiate renewal process and acquisition plan in a timely manner
- Creating renewal materials including letters, season previews, etc.
- Managing mailings, telemarketing, outbound sales, digital communication, and other outreach efforts
- Tracking progress towards earned revenue goals
- Managing brochure design, printing, and mailing
- Creating and presenting periodic reports to measure new vs. returning SUBs, trends, etc.
Manage programmatic marketing and single ticket revenue including:
- Overseeing, creating and distributing of all collateral (postcards/mailings, concert posters, program book, student concert notes, flyers, etc.)
- Creating/overseeing digital communication strategy and implementation (social media, e-blasts, etc.)
- Overseeing advertising materials and due dates (print, digital, media, etc.)
- Creating and distributing personalized marketing toolkits for each concert as well as following up with new patrons to cultivate new single ticket buyers, subscribers, donors, etc.
- Working with PR firm, managing press releases and materials for season announcement, concerts, events, and other organization news
- Managing graphic design for concert artwork
- Managing, creating and editing all user-facing copy and program notes
- Collaborating with Chief Operating Officer to oversee Box Office operations
- Coordinating concert photography and videography when applicable, and assist the development team when needed
- Creating and distributing post-concert audience surveys
Support CS Development department, sponsorship, and fundraising efforts including:
- Supporting and coordinating design of collateral (sponsorship decks, invites, signage, event program books, etc.)
- Creating digital communications (e-blasts, web pages, etc.)
- Coordinating sponsorship benefit fulfillment
- Oversee and maintain website including keeping up-to-date on good SEO practice, Google ads, Google Analytics, and other tools
- Manage CS brand across all platforms including print, digital, written content, patron experience, outreach, etc.
- Attend and support all CS concerts
- Attend all Board meetings and prepare materials as needed (annual meeting, reports, presentations, etc.)
- Support the activities of the CS board, Associate Board and Friend groups
- Oversee Marketing & Audience Engagement Manager, Box Office & Customer Experience Manager and Project Inclusion Administration Freeman Fellow
Applicants should have a commitment to the arts and an interest in Chicago Sinfonietta’s mission. This individual should have marketing experience in a non-profit, arts environment, excellent proven writing and verbal communication skills. Experience in a sales management role is highly desirable.
Creative production and design are an important component of this role. Strong proficiency in design programs including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is required, and other applicable programs, as well as in Microsoft Office Suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a must. Experience with Salesforce and digital reporting are preferred.
Ability to work in a highly collaborative, team setting and willingness to work a flexible schedule with minimum supervision is also required. Occasional participation in evening and weekend community events is expected. A good sense of humor is how we get through our days. CS needs someone who is ready to jump in right away and help this small but mighty team accomplish its goals. The Sinfonietta is a special place to work and we look forward to adding a new member to our team!
A BA degree is required, MA preferred; 5 years of marketing experience is preferred; or a combination therein.
Application Deadline: Position open until hired. Available immediately.
Compensation: Based on experience
Please follow submission directions closely: Please submit cover letter with salary requirements, along with a resume and applicable marketing and design samples to: email@example.com. Electronic submissions only. Absolutely no phone calls are accepted.
Chicago Sinfonietta is deeply committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable working environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.