Market Brand Ambassador - Sitka Salmon Shares - $15/hour plus $500-$1000 in Monthly Commission Opportunities
Are you a lover of good food? A fan of Alaska? Are you outgoing, energetic, detail oriented and a great communicator? Do you want to learn more about seafood, contribute to local good food, and earn money plus your own share of delicious fish in the process? If yes, joining our team as a Market Brand Ambassador may be a great job for you!
About The Position: Market Brand Ambassadors work on the front lines of Sitka Salmon Shares’ grassroots marketing, representing our Company at local farmers markets and, on occasion, Midwest events. Through spirited salesmanship, Ambassadors cultivate community, share our story, and drive growth by promoting CSF membership and selling by the pound fish. In short, they are catalysts in getting values-based seafood onto the plates of fish-lovers around the Midwest. We’re excited to accept applications for part-time Market Brand Ambassadors operating out of our Madison and Chicagoland (Highland Park and Naperville) hubs. Come work with us!
Compensation & Benefits:
● Base hourly rate range starting at $15/hour, DOE. Opportunity for annual review and raise with consistent employment.
● Additional earning opportunities including sales commission and benchmarks; with high earners averaging $500-$1,000 in bonuses, monthly.
● Employee seafood share, monthly.
● Learning and educational opportunities in sustainable seafood, food systems, values-based business; skill-building in sales, event outreach, grassroots marketing, and customer cultivation.
● Potential opportunities to grow into new roles with Sitka Salmon Shares, including full time positions in sales and marketing.
● After required training, and with ongoing support of Farmer’s Market team managers, serve as a charismatic Company ambassador, actively working to cultivate new CSF members and to sell by-the-pound fish at farmer’s markets and related events.
● Working independently, take responsibility for punctual arrival and successful presence at market/event assignments. This will include: transport of frozen fish and supplies to/from regional fish hub and markets, market booth set-up according to company brand display standards, and active customer engagement in accordance with company marketing policies and procedures.
● Cultivate brand awareness! Provide accurate information on products for sale, the Sitka Salmon Shares CSF model, and membership options.
● Represent Sitka Salmon Shares to market organizers, fellow vendors, and customers with the utmost integrity, kindness, and professionalism.
● Carry out sales and membership sign-ups, using tablets to record information and complete sales.
● Submit temperature check logs, email collection sheets, and feedback to management after market.
Qualifications and Requirements:
● Weekend availability. Must be able to commit to a minimum of one early-morning weekend market shift weekly. Preference given to candidates willing to work both Saturday and Sunday.
● Willingness to travel. Average 6-10 hour shifts include 1-3 hours roundtrip reimbursable travel to/from market. Reimbursement for mileage provided at $0.30/mile.
● Reliable access to a 4-door or larger personal vehicle for travel and transport of materials. Must be willing to submit clean driving record at time of hire.
● Reliable access to a smart phone and willingness to regularly communicate with management via email and telephone. Comfortable using company tablets for transacting on-site.
● Willingness to participate in ongoing training, education, and meetings (virtually and in-person).
● Physically capable of lifting and maneuvering heavy items such as event tents and coolers, occasionally weighing over 50 lbs.
● Ability to stand for total duration of shift (up to 8 hours) in a variety of Midwest weather conditions.
● Comfort in handling dry ice and frozen seafood (protective gloves provided).
In addition to the requirements, the ideal candidate will:
● Experience in sales, brand promotion, field marketing, event demonstration, and/or outreach.
● Be an enthusiastic and effective communicator, comfortable interacting with the public over many hours and with promoting seafood and CSF membership sales.
● Have experience or demonstrated potential to be reliable, punctual, detail-oriented and possess the ability to take direction effectively while working towards goals independently.
● Possess an interest in food systems, local food, and/or sustainable seafood.
● Be able to commit to position thru October; with possible work continuing over winter.