Junior Counselor for Summer Camp (Jr. Americorps)
Adventure Stage Chicago seeks enthusiastic, responsible applicants for Jr. AmeriCorps positions to help facilitate Trailblazers Summer Theater Camp. Qualified candidates should be at least 17 years of age by June 15, 2019, be US citizens or lawful permanent residents, submit their complete application by the May 31st deadline, and be in good standing with their high school, college, or university of attendance.
Accepted applicants must be free for mandatory training on June 19th, 20th & 21st from 9AM to 3PM, June 22nd from 9AM to 5PM (this is a Saturday date), and all camp dates (June 24th to August 16th from 8AM to 4PM, Mon-Fri), and Camp Clean-up date: Monday, August 19th (8am-4pm). Camp will not meet on July 4th or July 5th.
Jr. AmeriCorps members must be exceptional communicators, dedicated team players, and have a genuine interest in theatre and mentoring young people. Ideal candidates will be punctual, well organized, and have exceptional skills working with young people, always willing to lead by example. Previous camp and/or theatre experience is preferred but not required!
Responsibilities will include:
- Attending all required planning meetings throughout camp day
- Understanding all safety procedures and needs of campers
- Running check in/check out at beginning & end of day
- Answering the camp phone
- Maintaining the camp’s social media pages
- Serving as backstage crew for the summer performances
- Tracking daily camp supplies
- Chaperoning field trips
- Helping ensure smooth transitions between camp activities
- Working with ensemble to run drama games & activities
Benefits include a $1,200 living stipend, a $1,252.91 Education Award to be used toward college tuition, and invaluable training and experience.
To apply, please submit the following to Dominique Chestand at email@example.com by Friday, May 31st.
- Brief statement about your interest in the position
Please note that positions will be offered on a rolling basis, so please return your completed application as soon as possible.