Intern for Spektral Quartet
The twice Grammy-nominated Spektral Quartet is looking for dedicated, creatively-minded interns to become key team members of our ensemble’s operations for the 19/20 Season, Totally Obsessed, which includes a diverse array of events which feature music by composers we can’t stop thinking about. This isn’t your average internship. (Just search “Spektral Six-Hour Abs” on YouTube to get a sense of our vibe.)
The thing is, there is a staggering amount of behind-the-scenes work that goes into what the audience sees on stage and online. As a Spektral intern, you will gain first-hand insights into running a successful and newsworthy chamber ensemble.
Spektral Quartet is a 501c3 non-for-profit organization. We are able to offer a modest hourly compensation for the jobs, in addition to offering many perks outlined below.
The internship runs from October 1 - May 30th. Find much more info at: www.spektralquartet.com/internships
Specific duties may include:
- Concert Promotion: assistance in coordination of timely distribution for printed publicity, promotional materials, and social media promotion in the weeks leading up to events
- Event Production: assist with stage and house management, audience services, merchandise table, among other production tasks.
- Data entry: fundraising data, audience headcount, mailing list, ticket sales, merchandise inventory, etc.
- Basic documentation and social media work at live events.
- Fundraiser Mailings
- Rehearsal documentation and social media promotion.
- Providing A/V assistance / Facebook chat management during quartet live-streaming
- Documentation of board meetings
- 2019-20 Concert season, October-May. Option to extend through summer.
- Interested parties should be willing to commit to approximately 30-40 hours in total from mid-September through May. However, specific hourly commitment can be worked out with quartet at the start of internship based on your availability.
- Interested parties should be responsible and assertive in their work ethic, with good communication skills and quick responsiveness to messages.
- Experience working with software such as Excel, iMovie, Ableton, Logic, Google Apps, etc. is not necessary but is a huge plus!
- Most of the jobs interns do are paid an hourly or stipend.
- Concert tickets: we will make every effort to give you a comp ticket for our Chicago events, (usually possible, contingent on availability).
- Open door policy: sit in on business meetings and rehearsals, and learn first hand what it takes to be a musical entrepreneur
- Music proofing/coaching: if you are a musician or composer, we can offer you a limited amount of time spent coaching you or your ensemble, or workshopping your music, scheduled at a mutually convenient time
- Career advice: our interns become part of the Spektral family, and we’re here to help you succeed in whatever career path you choose!
- Hang time with the quartet and other interns (bowling anyone?)
- Schwag: we are gonna make you look fine, obvs.!
We look forward to working with you!