Individual Giving Consultant
Artistic Fundraising Group provides fundraising strategies and resources to nonprofit organizations working in Chicago's vibrant arts and culture scene. We generate growth in all areas of contributed revenue for small- to mid-level nonprofit organizations by building comprehensive, custom fundraising strategies. We take pride in effectively and collaboratively working with each client to develop unique, achievable fundraising solutions that truly work for each organization.
We provide consulting services in both institutional and individual giving, board fundraising, and the development of multi-year fundraising plans. We also take a hands-on approach to support an organization’s leadership, such as developing copy for annual campaigns, coordinating special events, or executing a calendar of grant proposals. Finally, we teach workshops and host seminars to train nonprofit professionals in the skills they need to fundraise—and to help them feel inspired to advocate for an organization and make that ask.
We are thrilled to be growing our team of consultants. The Individual Giving Consultant will serve as the primary project manager for several small arts organizations and their respective fundraising efforts with focus in the areas of individual giving and major gifts. They will also provide support to the team’s consulting services in all other areas of nonprofit fundraising when necessary. This position reports to the CEO and will work part-time as an independent contractor with the opportunity to work flexible hours and from home.
- Provide consulting services in individual giving and major gifts, including but not limited to annual campaign management, appeal copywriting and design, moves management strategy, board and leadership coaching, and donor stewardship
- Guide/assist clients in donor data management as needed
- Collaborate with clients regarding upcoming deadlines and deliverables to ensure timely completion of work in advance of project deadlines
- Complete thorough prospect research for potential funder/client matches
- As needed, provide team support in the areas of corporate sponsorship and special events as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Certificates, BA/BFA, or MA/MFA in non-profit management and/or the arts a plus but not required
- Previous experience in annual campaign management and major gifts with a track record of proven success
- Previous experience in other areas of fundraising, such as corporate sponsorship or special events, preferred
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively on deadline-oriented work
- Polished professional writing and composition skills
- Ability to produce timely, quality work with thorough attention to detail
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive
- Technical proficiency in CRM implementation, data migration, and data management in common nonprofit software systems preferred
- Background and interest in the arts and/or education preferred
Submit cover letter, resume, a brief 1-2 page writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9/10/2019. In your cover letter, please include a brief note about why working in the arts or the nonprofit sector is important to you.
Artistic Fundraising Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, parental status, or ability. We are committed to an inclusive and equitable work environment free of discrimination or harassment.