Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization located in the heart of downtown Arlington Heights. It houses a 329-seat professional theater, as well as a full school of performing arts that includes drama, dance, and music lessons.
We recognize that cultural fit is important when searching for new opportunities. Our culture supports a collaborative and innovative approach to teamwork. We are constantly striving to better ourselves so that we can provide the best performing arts experience for our patrons and students. We are focused on bringing diversity, equity and inclusion into every aspect of our organization. If you are a dynamic, customer service-oriented individual with a growth mindset, you would be a great fit for our team.
Summary of Position
The ideal candidate is outgoing, organized and committed to excellent customer service. Associates will receive training in high level customer service and house management procedures. House Managers oversee front of house procedures before, during, and after performances, to ensure smooth operations, a positive audience experience, and the safety of patrons, ushers, and staff.
● Provide superb customer service to all persons who enter the theater and lobby.
● Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
● Manage and maintain the appearance of the theater, lobby, coat room and restroom areas.
● Supervise volunteer ushers
● Oversee public safety and emergency procedures as needed.
● Address any disruptions in the audience.
● Complete performance reports for every performance. Some basic computer experience required to complete report and email out to distribution list.
● Communicate and problem-solve with front of house staff and production staff.
● Scan/tear tickets before each performance.
● Guide patrons to their seats/restrooms/restaurants/etc.
● Occasional set up and take down stage tables and chairs, as needed.
● May need to lift up to 40 pounds.
Key Skills and Experience
● Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
● Able to work and communicate as a team with other Audience Services members
● Some prior experience performing high volume customer service-related work is preferred
● Experience working in a performing arts environment or with emergency situation management are a plus
Metropolis Performing Arts Centre is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.