Group Sales Representative
GroupTix a division of Carol Fox and Associates, a Chicago-based marketing and public relations agency specializing in arts, entertainment and lifestyle clientele, has a part-time position open for a Group Sales Representative. The company’s environment is dynamic and fast-paced, with a client roster that boasts many of the city’s best-known attractions and cultural institutions.
The ideal candidate will have previous box office experience, the ability to multi-task, an enthusiastic personality and a passion for quality customer service and sales.
- Communicate with customers via email and phone, answer incoming calls
- Stay knowledgeable on all shows offered by updating info sheets to answer questions
- Prioritize all customer needs, respond quickly and establish a working rapport with customers, especially returning customers
- Promote shows when customers call asking for information
- Contact customers to ensure payments are received by the deadline, and send email confirmations to customers for all transactions
- Create event reminder information to send to customers prior to an event outing
- Create “Thank You” emails to alert customers of our upcoming events
- Add/reduce/cancel tickets per GroupTix policies and customer requests
- Keep an updated record of all customers and their contact info, including address, in database
- Create complete and thorough contracts for each group order
- Generate customer lists to assist with outreach such as postcard mailings
- Expand our customer base by researching relevant contacts and businesses
- Communicate with box office contacts and clients in order to procure seating assignments
- Assign seats to customers when required by the client
- Mail any tickets, patches or promotional materials to customers and add to records
- Update customers on new show announcements, price adjustments, etc.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- A good work ethic and sense of professionalism
- The ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously and effortlessly
Additional skills desired
- Understanding and experience in social media
- Box office experience
- Experience and understanding of digital advertising
- Basic graphic design skills
- Experience working with WordPress and basic html
This is a part-time, hourly position to begin immediately. Pay will commensurate with experience.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will be disregarded. No phone calls please.