Fundraising & Special Events Intern | Hubbard Street Dance Chicago
Hubbard Street Dance Chicago offers rich and stimulating internship opportunities for college and graduate students seeking experience in administration, development, education, general management, marketing, production, and videography. Hubbard Street provides interns interested in dance and arts management the experience of working behind the scenes in one of the world’s leading contemporary dance companies. Interns have the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge of arts management while working closely with the staff and artists of Hubbard Street.
Hubbard Street’s Development department is comprised of the Director of Development and five full-time staff members. Together the group is responsible for raising contributed revenue of more than $2.5 million. Hubbard Street’s development department supports all components of the organization including the main company, Hubbard Street Youth, Education, and Community Programs, and the Lou Conte Dance Studio.
- Assist with event planning and working alongside staff at events to cultivate donors
- Assist with organization and execution of annual fund mailings
- Assist with donor acknowledgement and donor stewardship process
- Proofreading grant and sponsorship proposals and reports
- Prospect Research – individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Update donor records in Tessitura database (Hubbard Street will provide training)
- Create board orientation binders
- Record development expenses in Excel
- Various data entry projects using Tessitura database
- General filing
- Other duties as assigned
TO APPLY: Submit materials and complete the following form: