Front of House/Barista
We love artists! Are you looking for a part time job that allows you to earn money while you pursue your artistic endeavors? Hewn, a nationally recognized artisan bakery in Evanston, Illinois, is hiring for Front of House positions. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the store meets company standards in customer service, and retail sales while providing customers with excellent, quality products and efficient, friendly service.
• Complete all FOH duties including register, packaging product, customer service, making espresso drinks, cleaning etc.
• Provides knowledgeable information to customers regarding Hewn products
• Maintains high cleanliness standards consistently throughout the store in the areas of store appearance, merchandise and equipment.
• Maintains efficient, friendly service standards.
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
• Minimum one year bakery/coffee retail experience.
• Register and cash handling experience.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Weekend availability is required.
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and able to multi-task.
• Must have effective problem solving/decision making abilities.
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and be on your feet for several hours.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.