Chicago Artists Coalition helps people connect with opportunities including calls for artists, jobs, grants, and art advising
Event Setup and Takedown: Wedding Draping and Lighting
Looking for great personalities, organized and driven individuals. Must be able to work weekends.
Warehouse located in Schaumburg. You will have to travel to and from warehouse for training and jobs.
- Installation of draping, lighting, dance floors, furniture and other specialty decor for wedding receptions and ceremonies in and around Chicago.
- Removal of draping, lighting, dance floors, furniture and other specialty decor for wedding receptions and ceremonies in and around Chicago.
- Installs and uninstalls lighting fixtures to include: pin spots, LEKOS, par-cans and up lights
- Prepares, assembles, installs and uninstalls fabric backdrops, Chuppahs, and other room décor throughout the event venue. May install products in entryways, on ceilings, walls and columns.
- Works carefully to minimize damage and breakage of products.
- Ability to work daytime and late evenings on weekends
- Production experience preferred, preferably in an event or shop setting
- Knowledge of basic electricity
- Bachelor’s Degree in theater or business-related field a plus but not required
- Works well under pressure with a proven ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced setting, and meet deadlines and goals
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and conflict management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multitask, work as a team and follow instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry 20-50 pounds repeatedly over course of work shift.
- Ability to work on your feet for extended hours.
- Good knowledge and ability to use tools and equipment that may include: Hammer screwdriver, Gaff Tape, tape measure, dollies, lifts, and 8 foot, 12 and 14 foot ladders.
- Must be 18 years or older and have a valid Illinois Driver’s License
- Must have clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR)