Event Production Intern
The Chicago Humanities Festival Audience Experience Department seeks an energetic and enthusiastic intern with production and design experience to help support the improvement of front of house operations and technical capabilities at new and existing venues . Candidates should be eager to participate and support the inner workings of a festival producing over 100 public programs at over 20 venues. This internship program will require a commitment of 14-21 hours a week for 4 to 6 months, starting in August 2019 and ending no sooner than mid/late-November 2019.
Responsibilities will include:
• Designing venue floor plans to support the improvement of the audience experience before, during, and after festival programs.
• Helping support the research and implementation of upgrading video, lighting, and sound capabilities at some festival venues. Exploring new and emerging technologies to implement during festival to enhance audience experience.
• Attending site visits, collecting venue information and specs, and closely documenting information for internal use.
• Working closely with the production team to produce select CHF programs and events. Duties may include communicating with artists, presenters, partners, venues, and vendors; determining technical requirements; confirming and augmenting requirements as needed; and tracking information in CHF's CMS database to ensure all details are handled during the Festival.
• Helping maintain the festival archive data base and transfer existing and new information.
• Providing logistical support at fall Festival programs as well as year round events, including stage management, audio and visual support, and post event reconciliation.
• Requesting and tracking presenter media and working closely with the marketing department to integrate into CHF media presentations.
• Preparing supplementary material for seasonal staff members and volunteers (i.e. tech sheets, schedules, venue production boxes).
• Work closely with Box Office and Audience Services team to fulfil duties as required.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills Level: Candidates should have previous production or special event experience and enjoy complex multi-layered projects. A firm understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as a basic understanding of Adobe and Photoshop is required. Ideal candidates must exemplify a close attention to detail and must exhibit a strong willingness to learn. Interest in the humanities is strongly preferred. Experience with Airtable and other databases is a plus.
How to apply: Please submit the following by August 14, 2019: Application (available at http://chicagohumanities .org/about/ internshi ps), cover letter (including how you heard about the internship), resume, one or two letters of recommendation, and a brief personal statement. Internship Program Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 312.661.1018 Post: Internship Director, 500 N Dearborn, Suite 825, Chicago IL 60654
About Chicago Humanities Festival
At Chicago Humanities Festival, we believe that humanity thrives when people gather, connect and open themselves to ideas that go beyond their individual experience.
At Chicago Humanities Festival, we believe that humanity thrives when people gather, connect and open themselves to ideas that go beyond their individual experience. That's why for almost 30 years, CHF has been curating live events that allow audiences to connect with thinkers-both established and emerging and see the world differently. Under the leadership of Executive Director Phillip Bahar and Marilynn Thoma Artistic Director, Alison Cuddy, CHF is one of Chicago's most vibrant civic institutions. Join us and celebrate the social life of ideas. Visit chicagohumanities.org for more information. The Chicago Humanities Festival is an Equal Opportunity Employer.