EVENT & OPERATIONS STAFF | EXPO CHICAGO
EXPO CHICAGO, the International Exposition of Contemporary & Modern Art seeks talented temp staff to provide event and operations support leading up to and during EXPO CHICAGO 2019.
EXPO CHICAGO—to be held at Navy Pier, September 19-22, 2019— hosts more than 135 leading International exhibitors presented alongside one of the highest quality platforms for global contemporary art and culture. Entering its eighth year as a leading international art fair, EXPO CHICAGO offers diverse programming including /Dialogues panel discussions, presented in partnership with The School of the Art Institute of Chicago; as well as IN/SITU, IN/SITU Outside, and OVERRIDE | A Billboard Project featuring curated selections of site-specific projects and new media works presented both on the main floor of the exposition, and throughout the city of Chicago.
- Applicants must have previous art handling experience – opportunities to work directly for exhibitors
Visitor Services Staff
- To staff Information Desks, VIP Lounges, and Will Call
- Retail or hospitality experience preferred
Exhibitor Services Staff (Section Leaders and Set-Up Staff)
- Previous gallery experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to lift 50 lb. boxes
VIP Events Staff
- Applicants must have prior event experience working with VIPs. Please list applicable event experience in your cover letter
Show Office Staff
- Applicants must have good communication skills and be detail oriented
- Previous office experience preferred
- Previous vinyl graphic installation, sign installation, and vinyl weeding experience preferred
- Applicants must be able to climb ladders and work at elevations of up to 16 feet; lift and carry up to 50 pounds of equipment
General Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated interest in Contemporary and Modern art
- Experience in a gallery, museum or arts organization preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining an elevated degree of detail and professionalism
Most positions require availability September 16-22 with some opportunity for earlier start date. There will be a required training session to be held on September 6, 2-5p at Navy Pier. Section Leader training will be held September 16, 3-5p at Navy Pier.
Interviews will be held July 25 or July 29 at the EXPO CHICAGO Office, 372 West Ontario, Suite 502.
To apply please submit:
- Cover letter explaining your interest in working with EXPO CHICAGO and the position(s) you would like to be considered for.
- Two references
- September availability
- Preferred interview date (July 25 or July 29)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Temp Staff by July 23, 2019.