Part-time intern position
12-16 hours per week depending on the schedule
Elmhurst Art Museum is seeking a highly motivated Education Intern to work closely with the Director of Education and education staff. The ideal candidate would work two days per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with researching ideas for future public and educational programming based on upcoming exhibitions
- Facilitate the execution of new and exciting programs and other initiatives
- Help monitor registration for all classes, camps, and special programs
- Draft outreach letters to local educators and community leaders
- Assist our staff members with guided exhibition tours
- Research potential collaborators
- Take initiative to take on new projects for the museum based on intern’s interest
- Assist with preparation of museum education internal reports and maintains general reporting records
- Perform other duties as necessary
Skills & Qualifications
- Undergraduate or graduate students studying in Art, Art History, Art Education, Museum Studies or related field
- Excellent organizational skills and strict attention to detail required
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Previous experience in the arts is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evening, weekend and holiday assignments
College credit can be arranged for undergraduate or graduate students.
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by Sept 13. Please reference the position title/department in the subject line.