Early Childhood Performing Arts Instructor
The Stage School is currently seeking a qualified instructor for our Premier Program classes for our upcoming winter/spring term. The instructor will teach singing and drama to children ages 4-6.
At The Stage School, students study drama, singing, and dance. Our Premier Program class focuses on introductory level techniques in each area. Students give a showcase or perform a musical at the end of each session, and the instructor will be responsible for rehearsing and directing the project throughout the course of the term.
Our Premier Program classes meet on Saturdays in Park Ridge. The Winter/Spring sessions begins January 18 and runs through May 9. Class meets from 9:30 to 11:00 am.
Compensation for this position is $35 per hour of teaching time.
Teaching Artists will be responsible for
· Conducting a structured, safe, and organized class
· Teaching fundamental skills to beginning and intermediate level performers
· Submitting weekly lesson plans
· Preparing students for their end of term presentation
Ideal teaching candidates will
· be motivated, energetic, and organized
· have a strong professional background in vocal music and musical theater
· have experience teaching children ages 4-16
· have experience in rehearsing and directing/choreographing performances
· have a passion for teaching life skills to young people through the performing arts.
Please note that a car will be necessary to reach the class venue. The facility is not easily accessible by public transportation.
Please send a resume and cover letter for consideration.