Director of Sales, WFMT Productions/Network
The Director of Sales for WFMT Productions and the WFMT Network will help develop and market a portfolio of digital and audio program services to a broad range of clients, as well as to expand the reach of WFMT’s classical music and arts programming around the world through a network of several hundred radio stations.
Our programs are listened to and streamed by hundreds of thousands of radio and digital listeners each week, in small towns, large cities, and across the internet. We help solve problems for stations and cultural partners, enabling many to continue providing quality arts and music programming that they would not be able to afford to produce on their own, and we play a vital part in helping some of the world’s greatest arts organizations expand their audiences.
The Director will work with WWCI’s marketing lead to create B to B marketing strategies to radio stations and cultural partners, and to develop new client categories for digital services. This is also a hands-on position that will require selling our services programs the old-fashioned way, through phone calls, email, and face-to-face meetings. In addition, this position will help lead the process of seeking new sources of revenue, responding creatively to evolving audio and digital technologies.
Compensation is competitive and is tied to meeting revenue goals.
- Be the first point of contact with cultural partners and affiliate stations to promote the full range of WFMT Productions services and broadest possible carriage of WFMT Network programs. This is a hands-on sales position.
- Continuously evaluate whether the WFMT portfolio of programs and services is aligned with client, market, and audience needs, and collaborate with WFMT General Manager and Program Director to address evolving programming needs and standards of programming, production, and presentation.
- Manage the Client Relations Manager and Production and Syndication Manager, and liaise with WFMT technical staff to ensure that stations are well served and programs are delivered on-time.
- Manage annual budget.
- Develop and execute strategies for maintaining and expanding reach of syndicated programs to both U.S. domestic and international radio stations and ensure that syndication revenue goals are met.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong capacity to manage staff, set priorities and evaluate success.
- Knowledge of the evolving podcasting landscape.
- Strong ability to prioritize activities and maximize team efficiency.
- Experience developing and managing budgets, contracts, project timelines and workflows.
- Strong communication skills, especially for sales and marketing purposes.
- Knowledge of marketing best-practices for marketing to radio affiliates.
- Awareness of the history of and evolving innovations within radio and other media, classical music and other arts, and new digital formats.
- Passion for the arts, especially classical music, and ability to use radio and other audio platforms to communicate about the arts.
The following are not required but are plus in considering candidates:
- Familiarity with the contemporary public media landscape, particularly radio and especially programs related to the arts and classical music.
- Familiarity with performing arts organizational cultures, especially classical music.
MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
*Please apply directly on WFMT's website*