St Charles Arts Council, St. Charles, Illinois
Love the Arts? WE’RE HIRING!
The SCAC is seeking an individual to replace the organization’s current Director. This part-time position is currently structured to be filled by an Independent Contractor. As a contracted Director, it is up to the individual to set priorities for the organization that support its mission and grow its operational capacity. The current Director has defined the role as such:
1. Administration- Managing the SCAC database and email; corresponding with and answering inquiries from artists, community partners, and other stakeholders via phone or email; and maintaining any and all data/paperwork.
2. Fundraising- Developing event budgets and creating strategies for generating revenue, researching new funding opportunities such as grants and sponsors and carrying out the responsibilities of and reapplying for current awards.
3. Promotion and Marketing- Promoting SCAC programs, events, and offerings via social and traditional media, the SCAC website/blog, and e-newsletters; generating additional content for social media that supports and promotes other area arts organizations, businesses, creatives, etc.
4. Events and Programming- Coordinating the SCAC’s two main events, the Fox River Arts Ramble and ARTSFest; managing the Pop-Up Gallery program, including finding gallery space and assisting with jurying, curating, and the installation of artwork.
5. Public Art- maintaining and building the Art in Public Places website and Otocast walking tour; developing SCAC’s public art initiative to bring cutting-edge, temporary installations to St. Charles.
Responsibilities as outline above are suggestions and outline how the SCAC has operated in the past.
Experience in sales and marketing are required. A passion for the mission is required. Expertise in social media platforms is preferred. Experience in the arts is preferred. Experience as a Director of a Not For Profit corporation is a plus.
This part-time contract position will run through the end of 2019, but pending review, contract renewal for 2020 is desirable. Work hours are flexible, most of which will be at the contractor’s discretion. The compensation for this position initially is $20/hour for about 60 hours per month, which is approximately $1200 per month, with some flexibility.
Founded in 2011, the St Charles Arts Council is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit Illinois corporation, whose mission is to support and promote the arts and creativity in our community.
If you wish to apply, please send a resume and independent contractor application to info@StCharlesArtsCouncil.org or to our mailing address – 2 East Main Street, St. Charles, Illinois 60174.
Please feel free to contact us at 630.443.3794 with any questions about the position.