Development Internship (Paid)
Internship Term: March 2022 – August 2022
The Development Intern works closely with the Development & Communications Manager and will be responsible for assisting with communications, research, and event logistics relating to development/fundraising activities. These include individual giving, membership programs, and CAC’s annual benefit, “Work in Progress.” Through this position, the Development Intern will gain experience in fundraising, development-related communications, event-planning, facilitation, and assessment.
Pay is $500 for the duration of the internship term. College credit can be arranged for undergraduate or graduate students. This position is an average of 10 hours per week (including some nights and weekends for events). Some hours may be fulfilled partially off-site. CAC wishes to hire a Development Intern who can work a combination of Wednesdays, 12-5pm or Thursdays, 12-5pm, and Fridays, 11-4pm.
- Coordinate communications for donors, sponsors, and others as necessary
- Coordinate event logistics for annual benefit (May 2022)
- Help to maintain donor records in database
- Edit and proofread marketing materials
- Attend events, including assist with monthly exhibition openings
Highest Priorities Needed
Ability to coordinate a project on a tight timeline in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work independently and conscientiously, be highly motivated, and require minimal supervision. Applicants should demonstrate strong professional skills in communication, organization, creative problem-solving, and adaptability.
Skills & Qualifications
- Event planning experience (preferred)
- Strong research, communication, and data entry skills
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and individually
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Interest in learning about and gaining experience in non-profit fundraising/development
Email your cover letter and résumé, plus two short writing samples (1 page each), with the subject line “Development Intern” to Karina Quintana, Development & Communications Manager : karina(at) chicagoartistscoalition (dot) org
Please send inquiries no later than Tuesday, March 1, 2022. Candidates will be expected to conduct a short interview.