The mission of the Harris Theater is to be Chicago’s primary residence for music and dance, connecting diverse audiences with outstanding artists from across the city, the nation, and the world.
The Development Intern provides critical database support and administrative assistance to the Harris Theater’s Development team. This internship focuses on constituent database management in Tessitura; responsibilities also include archiving departmental files and providing support at performances and fundraising events.
Reporting to the Individual Giving Manager, the Development Intern will gain an understanding of all elements of fundraising for a small nonprofit organization, while developing expertise in database management.
- Participate in data integrity projects including biographical and address updates, event participation, merges, and inactivation processes in Tessitura
- Assist in streamlining Tessitura data integrity policies and guidelines
- Assist with organization and execution of annual fund mailings
- Assist with donor stewardship initiatives
- Maintain internal electronic and paper files of gift information, donor correspondence, and departmental collateral
- Provide onsite event support including donor check-in and ticket distribution
- Other duties as assigned
Undergraduates or recent graduates with a strong interest in the arts and the desire to pursue arts administration and/or fundraising as a career are encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and computer skills, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required.
- September 3, 2019–June 30, 2020
- 15-20 hours a week; Monday–Friday (flexible hours)
- $10 per hour
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Development Intern” in the subject line.