Deputy Executive Director - International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago
Deputy Executive Director
Are you passionate about the arts? The International Latino Cultural of Chicago has an exciting Deputy Executive Director opportunity reporting to the Founder and Executive Director.
The International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago (The Center) is the only pan-Latino cultural organization in the United States. The Center prides itself on its outstanding multidisciplinary, local and international cultural programming that includes a wide variety of art forms such as film, music, dance, literature, comedy, poetry and theater that span Latin America, Spain, Portugal and the United States. The Center
is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit whose mission is to develop, promote and increase awareness of Latino cultures among all communities within the Chicagoland area and nationwide.
Deputy Executive Director position is responsible for:
- 1) Promoting and elevating The Center’s presences as an integral player in the Chicago cultural scene
- 2) Assistinginthemanagementofexistingmarketingstrategiesandthedevelopmentofnew strategies
- 3) Nurturingexistingfinancialsupportersandseekingnewsupporters
- 4) Assistinginthedevelopmentofnewprograms
- 5) AssistinginthemanagementofTheCenter’sfinancialresources,volunteerpoolanditsstaff
Minimum Position Requirements
- Proficient written and verbal command of both English and Spanish language
- Knowledge of and interest in Ibero-American cultures
- Three to five years of managerial or supervisory experience in a mission-based organization
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations, business, communications or another relevant
- Three to five years of development and fundraising experience
- Demonstrable success in developing and overseeing marketing campaigns to elevate an organization’s presence within the community
- Ability to travel to various locations within Chicagoland, the US and worldwide to meet with donors, creative partners and others
- Moderate proficiency in the use of PC and or Laptop. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft and Google products
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Should be an independent, detail-oriented, creative thinker
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly sponsorships
- Ability to work with and motivate staff, board members and volunteers
- Self-starter and goal-driven to initiate sponsor visits and fundraising calls
- Organized, with demonstrated follow-through on tasks and goals
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and present solution-oriented ideas
- Ability to build strong teamwork habits among employees.
- Ability to perform routine analyses of data to drive marketing decisions
- Ability to work with little direct supervision, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and take
ownership of the job
- Highly organized, detail oriented, ability to maintain a high level of follow-through and confidentiality
- Passionate about developing relationships, whether in person or digitally
The International Latino Cultural Center of Chicago is an at-will and equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices and actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. The Center encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veterans’ status.
The above is intended to be a summary of the position responsibilities. A complete job description will be provided as part of the interview process.
Please send resume, cover letter, and writing sample with the subject line Deputy Director to email@example.com
Resumes will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis through 11/06/2019