Costume Designer for Children's Production
The Stage School is currently seeking a Costume Designer for our production “Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood,” performing on Saturday, May 11th.
The cast consists of 4 adults and 34 children ages 4 – 6. The production included characters from the classic Mr. Roger’s television show, as well as Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood. Rehearsals and performances take place in Park Ridge, IL.
• Prepare concept images and meet with the producer as needed to determine designs for each character.
• Construction, purchase or pulling from our stock all costume elements for the production.
• Managing the costume budget responsibly, tracking all purchases and providing receipts.
• Coordinating and participating in dress rehearsal and performance. Assisting with dressing students for both rehearsal/performance with Stage School staff on Saturday, May 11th (call at 8 AM, performance at 10:30 AM)
• Coordinating and assisting with costume strike on May 11 (beginning at approximately 11:15 AM)
• Coordinating the cleaning and storage of all costume pieces following strike.
Due to the nature of our shows, our designs have to be carefully planned and pieces must be easy for the actors to wear, easily adaptable and economical. Our design and construction process is fun, collaborative, and very creative! For more information, visit us at StageSchoolChicago.com.
Stipend: $600 flat fee
For consideration, please email resume, portfolio or work samples, and/or relevant experience.