Communications and Development Internship
PlayMakers Laboratory (Formerly Barrel of Monkeys) is currently seeking a winter Communications & Development intern. Our internships are immersive and allow interns to get a sense of PlayMakers Lab communication and development while supporting the administrative arms of the organization. Our winter intern will support marketing for our public performances, assist with the development of our annual gala on April 4th, support efforts of our company fundraiser, and administrative tasks. They will also be welcome to attend and observe staff meetings, shows, rehearsals, classroom residencies, and other events, based on their interests.
- Assist with planning and executing a marketing plan for “That’s Weird, Grandma,” our public performance at the Neo-Futurist Theatre
- Assist with creating collateral for digital marketing (videos, social media, etc.)
- Assist in tracking and organizing the company’s fundraising results
- Database upkeep in OvationTix, Mailchimp, and GiveSmart, filing, and other organizational tasks
- Occasional poster distribution
- Event staffing
- Other administrative tasks and projects, as assigned
- Competency working with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Apps Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Commitment to working collaboratively
- Interest in programs that support and champion the voices of students
- Interest in digital marketing strategies
- Interest in video editing, photo editing, and digital content creation is a plus, but not required!
PlayMakers Laboratory values its interns immensely and works hard to provide an environment that is engaging, challenging, educational, and FUN. Our small staff of six works in an open and collaborative environment and we welcome interns to adopt that spirit of collaboration while they are on our team.
Internships, while not paid, maybe undertaken for school credit, and generally span one semester or calendar season (i.e. Winter/Spring), with a preferred time commitment of 15-20 hours per week and must be available April 4th the day of our annual gala. Schedules are flexible and can be set at the time of hire. We anticipate a start date of mid/late November and an end date in early April
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Ashley Bland. Deadline to apply is November 20, 2019.
Must be 18 or older to apply.
PlayMakers Laboratory is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.