Communications and Development Intern
Barrel of Monkeys is currently seeking a winter Communications & Development intern. Our internships are immersive and allow interns to get a sense of Barrel of Monkeys artistic and educational programming while supporting the efforts of the development, marketing, and administrative arms of the organization. Our winter intern will support marketing for our public performances, assist with the annual appeal campaign and other development and administrative tasks. They will also be welcome to attend and observe staff meetings, shows, rehearsals, classroom residencies, and other events, based on their interests.
- Assist with planning and executing a marketing plan for “That’s Weird, Grandma,” our public performance at the Neo-Futurist Theatre
- Assist with creating collateral for digital marketing (videos, social media, etc.)
- Assist in tracking and organizing the company’s annual appeal results
- Database upkeep in OvationTix, Mailchimp, and GiveSmart, filing, and other organizational tasks
- Occasional poster distribution
- Event staffing
- Other administrative tasks and projects, as assigned
- Competency working with Microsoft Office Suite/Google Apps Suite
- Strong attention to detail
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Commitment to working collaboratively
- Interest in programs that support and champion the voices of students
- Interest in digital marketing strategies
- Interest in video editing, photo editing, and digital content creation is a plus, but not required!
Barrel of Monkeys values its interns immensely and works hard to provide an environment that is engaging, challenging, educational, and FUN. Our small staff of six works in an open and collaborative environment and we welcome interns to adopt that spirit of collaboration while they are on our team.
Internships, while not paid, may be undertaken for school credit, and generally span one semester or calendar season (i.e. fall), with a preferred time commitment of 15-20 hours per week. Schedules are flexible and can be set at the time of hire, though we anticipate a start date of early/mid October and an end date in mid/late December.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: Ashley Bland. Deadline to apply is October 4, 2019.
Must be 18 or older to apply.
Barrel of Monkeys is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability.